Saturday, November 24, 2007

Best Name Of A Sex Offender Award goes to ...

Charges dropped against local man in disappearance

The case against a Sheboygan man accused of abducting a 17-year-old Oshkosh girl was dismissed this week after the teen admitted she lied about her two-week disappearance.

Angelina Lor initially claimed that Pheuk Kue, 37, a convicted sex offender, took her to Green Bay against her will in September and held her there until she was able to escape about two weeks later. But in an e-mail earlier this month to Kue's lawyer, Lor acknowledged that she made up the story because she feared her parents' reaction to her running off with an older man.

Defense attorney Dawn Shaha said she received an e-mail from Lor on Nov. 14 in which Lor admitted she was not telling the truth from the beginning.

"When you were questioning me, you knew exactly how everything happened," Lor wrote in the e-mail. "I did just run away with an older man and blamed him because I didn't want to get in trouble with my parents."

Winnebago County Circuit Court Judge Bruce Schmidt dismissed a charge of false imprisonment against Lor during a pre-trial conference Thursday after the new information was submitted to the court.

Kue, who had been in jail on a $5,000 cash bond since charges were filed, would have faced up to three years in prison if convicted of the felony count.

Lor originally said she was working Sept. 3 when Kue — whom she met while living in Sheboygan earlier this year — showed up and wanted to talk with her, according to police.

Kue, who served time in prison for having sexual contact with underage girls, was planning to leave town because a warrant had been issued for his arrest based on his relationship with Lor, police said.

Lor claimed she got in Kue's car during a lunch break, but he then drove away and wouldn't let her out.

When Lor returned home Sept. 16, she told police Kue threatened to kill her if she left him, according to the criminal complaint.

Lor said she eventually told police officers in Green Bay and Oshkosh the truth because she couldn't keep lying.

"I'm not coming out with the truth now because someone pressured me to do it. I am because I know I have to be a bigger and better person and be real," Lor wrote. "I cannot lie anymore. Although I know I did, I will accept any punishment I receive because I know what I did was wrong."

Source [
Sheboygan Press]

No comments:

Post a Comment