Saturday, December 8, 2007

Election 2008 - have you decided who you are voting for?

Less than one year from now, we will be electing a new President of the United States. The United States presidential election of 2008 is scheduled to be held on November 4, 2008.

Currently, I am undecided on who I feel is the best candidate for President. I want the person I feel is the most qualified and will do the best job in all areas under that person's control. I am a registered Democrat and lean towards that party.

Take this Quiz to see which Presidential candidate that is best suited for you.
There are 20 Questions covering various topics from Individual Rights, Domestic Issues, Economic Issues, and Defense/International Issues.

MAKE SURE YOU CLICK ON THE QUESTION (STATEMENT) FOR EACH ONE.
It will give you detailed insight on how to answer based on your beliefs. I thought I was convinced on many of my answers before clicking and then when reading the different sides, it really made me think even harder.

My results concluded with these were the top 5 candidates agreeing with my stances:
Dennis Kucinich (Democratic) 53% (56% Social / 50% Economic)
Chris Dodd (Democratic) 53% (44% Social / 58% Economic)
Hillary Clinton (Democratic) 50% (63% Social / 42% Economic)
John Edwards (Democratic) 50% (50% Social / 50% Economic)
Joe Biden (Democratic) 50% (31% Social / 63% Economic)

Based on my personal and economic scores from the above quiz, my political philosophy is:
Populist-Leaning Liberal

The above is not necessarily who I will vote for. It's just the results of an online quiz. But, I will vote for the Democratic candidate that is chosen.

I do have a problem with one candidate that is running. Rudy Giuliani, was a good mayor for NY. I lived in NY during his term as mayor (though I was not living in New York City). I am appalled by the popularity he achieved based from the 9/11 tragedies. It hurts me to know that he became famous when thousands of people he was supposed to be protecting, died. Yes, he did a good job in helping with the aftermath and the clean up. But I would only regard him as a hero if he was the person who prevented those deaths. What he did afterwards was something anyone in his position would have done (perhaps better). The cleanup was not an individual effort. It was a combined effort of many departments on the local and federal levels. I'm not knocking his other credentials as a candidate. He's a lawyer and a former Democrat that still holds liberal social views (c'mon... he's dressed in drag, had married his own second cousin and had extramarital affairs on another one of his three wives). I just feel his popularity is purely based on the wrong reasons.

In other words, please don't base your decision on popularity polls. Either watch the debates, read the papers or information online. Learn who these candidates are and what they stand for. Your lives will be seriously affected by this country's decision next November and let's not make the same mistakes that happened in the last two presidential elections.

If you need to still register to vote, do it now
HERE.

billmaherpresident.com

No comments:

Post a Comment