Monday, March 10, 2008

new Gnarl's Barkley - reminds me of CCR on speed

The new Gnarl's Barkley video, "Run" was recently banned from MTV and other video channels due to the strobe effects in the video which failed The Harding Test which which judges whether TV images could affect epileptics from having seizures.

Gnarls Barkley (Cee-lo and Danger Mouse), whose first hit "Crazy" made pop history as the UK’s first number one song based on download sales alone, are to release their new album The Odd Couple on 8 April in the US.

One half of the Grammy-winning hip hop soul collaboration, New York producer Danger Mouse said: “I don’t know exactly what is going on but we’re having issues. I think the video is cool. It works for me. But I’m not necessarily that easily seasick.”

The video features Justin Timberlake (in glasses and Chess King outfit).

To me, this track sounds like Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Fortunate Son" on speed.

*** WATCH WITH CAUTION ***
Gnarl's Barkley - Run (2008)


Creedence Clearwater Revival - Fortunate Son (1969)

No comments:

Post a Comment