Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Could Amy Winehouse Make a Comeback ?

That's what BBC is reporting that the chairman and chief executive of Universal Music Group has to say.

Winehouse comeback
'sensational'


Amy Winehouse's new material is sounding "sensational", according to the chairman and chief executive of Universal Music Group, Lucian Grange

He believes the troubled singer will make a strong comeback with her new album, the follow-up to Back To Black.

"What I've heard has been sensational," he said, speaking at the Music Industry Trust Awards in London.

Grange was honoured with the Music Industry Trust Award, recognising 30 years in the music business.

The Award was established in 1991 and was awarded at a charity event supporting the Nordoff-Robbins Music Therapy and the Brit School, for his contribution to the industry.

I believe in her as a person and I certainly believe in her as an artist and that's what I hope for
- Lucian Grange on Amy Winehouse
"I've heard some demos," Grange explained to BBC 6 Music, "and I've heard some simple acoustic songs that she's played me in my office on acoustic guitar."

As well as overseeing the careers of The Police, Scissor Sisters, Take That and Mika, the music mogul also helped to sign Winehouse.

He said he has absolute faith in her return to form, saying: "Of course, because I'm an optimist and I believe in her.

"I believe in her as a person and I certainly believe in her as an artist and that's what I hope for."

Winehouse is currently working on a new studio album, the first since 2006.


No comments:

Post a Comment